Fire in Chatham
Fire fighters were alerted to a fire in a derelict church between Church Lane and the A2 Brook at around 5:40am. As a result the A231 Dock Road has been closed off all morning.
Traffic has been diverting along the A2 between Chatham and Gillingham and around Canterbury Street as a result. Over 30 fire fighters attended from the early hours to tackle the Medway blaze.
What does the Average Woman do for 5 Hours a Day?
A new survey suggests that women natter for around 298 minutes every day – the equivalent of more than one third of waking hours!
According to the survey these are the top 5 gossip topics:
- What to do with a lottery win
Sorry men… you didn’t make it into the top 5!
Things That Make No Sense
This morning you were tweeting #thingsthatmakenosense to me:
- Why do we have silent letters in words? Like “k” in knife and “g” in gnat?
- When you’re overtired are you “over” being “tired”?
- Why do people throw lit cigarettes out the car window?
- When people use “real” or “official” on their Facebook or Twitter!
- How can you “have your cake and eat it”?!
A Wet Windy Medway
Last night and this morning has seen a big downpour of rain in the Medway towns. Take care if you’re driving as there have been accidents on the A289 Wainscott Bypass near Four Elms roundabout, the A2 and the A249 near Sittingbourne was closed for a while earlier due to flooding.
Mike’s Mindbender: There is an ancient invention still used in some parts of the world today that allows people to see through walls. What is it? ANSWER: A window.