Jobs in Australia
It’s the middle of winter in Australia and the Aussies and pushing for young Brits to get out there and fill some of the exciting jobs.
What would be your dream Australian job?
- TV presenter of the Aussie version of ”Coast”.
- Putting up satellite dishes in the Australian sunshine.
- Road testing motorbikes (plenty of road to do that on!)
- Flying a helicopter (you get to land in some unusual places).
Snow in New Zealand
The Kiwi’s have experienced their coldest winter for decades. It’s grounded flights, closed roads and disrupted power. Auckland and Wellington have not seen snow for over 70 years!
Stephen Fry, who’s currently filming The Hobbit in NZ, Tweeted “Wellington is beside itself with delight”.
Royal Wedding Patriotism
Over a third of us have had our spirits lifted by the Royal Wedding. We also like to be patriotic about our history, the NHS and the Armed Forces in Britain.
Although, on the flip side, drunken Brits abroad, football hooliganism and reality shows like ‘The Only Way Is Essex’ make people embarrassed to be British according to a recent survey.
Jimmy Carr has summed up reality TV show very succinctly in a Tweet.
Geordie Shore. Only way is Essex. Made in Chelsea. Say what you like but at least Big Brother had the decency to lock these people up.
Love Your Technology?
We treat our technology in different way. The TV is like an old friend that you can rely upon and is there for you when you need it. The PC is like a sibling as you like to learn from it, show off to it and sometimes even compete with it. The smartphone has been compared to a new lover as it’s the one device that we feel closest too. I couldn’t live without mine!
- Justin Bieber on winning the International Breakthrough Act.
- Jessie J who won the Critics’ Choice award.
- British Group award winners Take That (part of their acceptance speech, a tribute to Robbie from Mark Owen and a few words from Gary Barlow).
- Plan B – the winner of Best British Male Solo Artist.
- Best International Male – Cee Lo Green – who thanks us and tells us we have great taste in music!
- Plus, Matt Cardle who’s grateful to have come so far in such a short time.