True Old Wives’ Tales
This morning I attempted to discover which (if any) old wives’ tales are actually true. You can vote for the old wives’ tales that you think are true on my Facebook page. It looks like “an apple a day” may actually have some health benefits but will it “keep the doctor away”? How about chewing gum blocking up your bowels if you swallow it?
Cheapest Places for a Holiday
The Post Office have carried out a genius survey to find the cost of buying the ‘little things’ like a beer, cup of coffee or insect replant on holiday. The survey found Miami, USA to be the most expensive place to holiday but here are the top cheapest places to holiday:
- The Costa del Sol in Spain
- Sunny Beach is good value in Bulgaria
- A British favourite in third place. The Algarve in Portugal
Mike’s Mindbender: What is harder to catch the faster you run? ANSWER: Your breath.
To Tip, Or Not To Tip
This morning it was revealed that the number on thing that makes you a “jerk” is not tipping. In America they seem to having tipping down to a fine art with tip jars a plenty and an expected 1 dollar tip for each beer you order at a bar. In many cases tipping the waiter or delivery person helps to make up their pay. Is it so expected to tip in the UK though? Would you tip at the coffee shop, for a pizza delivery or even when collecting a take away?
Did you know that tips is an acronym for “To Insure Prompt Service“?
Seven Habits of Highly Ineffective People
Here they are then. The top seven things that make you a “jerk”:
- Not tipping
- Failing to control your kids
- Slow driving
- Not picking up your litter
- Holding up a queue
- Not giving way to pedestrians
- Asking silly questions in public
Mike’s Mindbender: What can burn the eyes, sting the mouth, yet be consumed? ANSWER: Salt.
Happy St Patrick’s Day!
Top of the morning to you! This day, celebrated the world over, was first celebrated with a parade in Boston, Massachusetts! Have you seen anyone with green hair today for the occasion and where can I get a green beer from today?
Here are some Irish phrases from the show this morning:
- It is better to try than to hope.
- Bless your little Irish heart and every other Irish part!
- My mother’s menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it.
- My favourite… As you slide down the banister of line, careful that the splinters are not pointing in the wrong direction!
Mike’s Mindbender: What can go up a chimney down, but cannot go down a chimney up? ANSWER: An umbrella