Schools Strike in Medway
Medway Council have provided a comprehensive list of the Medway school closures on their website. Medway is the only area in Kent to have provided a comprehensive school closure list.
Please check the full list of full and part school closures on Medway Council’s website.
Most Embarrassing Family Moment
What’s the most embarrassing family moment you’ve had?
Heidi Withers, a bride-to-be, received an email about her manners from her future mother-in-law and it’s not very complimentary! Thousands of people have seen the email since it went viral on the internet.
Action for Happiness launched a mass movement this week to improve people’s well-being. It’s always good to hear of an organisation dedicated to bringing goodness and happiness into the world.
Here are some of their top tips on staying happy in single words:
Give, relate, exercise, appriciate, try out, goals, direction, resilience, emotion, acceptance and meaning.
See if you can live your life this way and have a great day!
This morning we played “radio scrabble” and here are the best scrabble anagrams that you came up with:
- It’s true, ‘dormitory’ you can rearrange to make ‘dirty room’
- You’ll find a ‘debit card’ leads to ‘bad credit’
- Rearrange ‘schoolmaster’ and you get ‘the classroom’
- A clever one and very true ‘eleven plus two’ equals ‘twelve plus one’
- ‘Clint Eastwood’ is ‘Old West Action’
- Finally… ’mother-in-law’ could be ‘woman hitler’!
Mike’s Mindbender: What question can you ask all day long, always get completely different answers, yet all the answers could be correct? ANSWER: “What’s the time?”
Hello there! I can tell you are an intelligent person as you are reading this blog. Oh, and by the way, Happy Compliment Day! Today is a good opportunity to heap praise on the people you come in contact with. Here are some compliments you could use today:
- Mother-in-Law: “Your cooking is wonderful”
- Friend: “You’re highly intelligent. You choose your friends well!”
- Boss: “I like your management style so much I’d like to work late today”
Favourite Yoghurt Flavour
This morning I asked for your favourite yoghurt flavour on the show. The most popular was vanilla, followed by strawberry and rhubarb was also in the mix too. What flavours would you like to see in the future? I fancy an apple crumble yoghurt!