It’s just over 2 weeks until the festivities in Rochester swing into action. It looks like a great line up as Medway’s biggest Christmas light switch on will take place at 3:45pm on Wednesday 30th November 2011.
Dickens Christmas Market
Warm hearty food, mulled wine, local produce and Christmas gifts will be on offer at the Christmas market in Rochester.
There will be a lantern procession along Rochester High Street, starting at Blue Boar Lane, ahead of the Rochester Christmas lights switch on and this year it will be American rapper Vanilla Ice doing the honours at Rochester Castle Gardens.
Apparently you may be lied to between 10 to 200 times a day so how do you spot a liar?
Here are my top 5 how to spot a liar tips:
- Liars tend to use qualifying language like “to tell you the truth” or “honestly”.
- Liars will stare into your eyes and freeze all upper body movements.
- Liars tend to have fake smiles.
- Liars often point their feet towards an exit.
- Finally, ask a suspected liar to tell their story backwards. They’ll find it difficult!
Kent’s Mid Week Rainbow
Many listeners sent in photos of a bright rainbow that appeared all over Kent yesterday morning at around 9am. It was even visible in London too!
Here’s a my photo from the studio window looking towards Rochester Castle and Rochester Cathedral in Medway.